Kids Weighted Jacket - Large Child
- CE approved
- Class 1 Medical Device.
Weighted jackets can benefit those who:
- have autism, ADHD, sensory processing disorder
- appear hyperactive and/or excessive shifting in their seat
- have a short attention span and are easily distracted
- show tactile sensitivity - ie need to touch everything or are resistant to touch
- have poor awareness of their body and body position
- display self stimulatory behaviour such as rocking, twirling and chewing.
The deep pressure provided by weighted jackets has a "calming and organising" effect on the body's proprioceptive system. Our new weighted jackets are an alternative to fleece and are made of a soft, durable "shell" fabric with a cotton lining which contains the weight pockets. Weighted Jackets are commonly recommended by Occupational Therapists for use in the classroom to increase attention span and reduce hyperactivity often seen in children with autism, ADHD, sensory and learning difficulties. Our weighted jackets come with a full set of weights that are placed strategically in the 7 inner "pockets" - 2 on the shoulders and 5 around the torso. Weights are sewn into reinforced pouches and are interchangeable for maximum safety, comfort and easy washing. The shoulder pockets allow weight to be placed where it is really needed and most effective giving the effect of someone pressing down gently on the shoulders - which is both effective and comfortable for the wearer. The weights around the middle allow additional weight to be evenly distributed as required. Additional weight set also available HERE. We recommend a maximum jacket weight of 5% of the users bodyweight (weights can be added or removed as needed). Wear for 20-30 minutes at a time. Click here to see the video on weighted jackets.
This product is eligible for VAT relief and can be purchased free from VAT.
Who can claim for VAT relief?
- If you have a disability or a chronic medical condition you can claim VAT relief on certain eligible products provided the goods are purchased for personal or domestic use.
- If you are a parent or carer you can claim VAT relief on behalf of a child or person you look after.
- At checkout you will be asked whether you are eligible for VAT relief. If you qualify tick the "Yes" option and complete the declaration form. VAT will automatically be deducted from the relevant items in your basket.
- Charities can qualify for VAT relief where these conditions are met.
- VAT relief is not available on all products. Eligible products are marked with a green badge on the product page.
- VAT is chargeable on delivery.
Products that are in stock and ordered before 11am, Monday to Friday, will be despatched the same working day. Weighted Blankets, Lap Pads, Weighted Jackets and other handmade products may take 2-3 working days to be despatched, if not in stock. You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your customer account via our website. A Customer Account will need to be created before placing an order, to use the order tracking service. Please read our ‘How do I place an order’ FAQ for information on how to do this.
- Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are sent by DPD for next day delivery.
- Mainland UK delivery is charges are £2.95/£3.95 Royal Mail and £5.95 for courier delivery.
- Non mainland UK and Overseas delivery charges vary depending on your location and size of order.
- Shipping is free on online orders over £300.00 (mainland UK)
- Please note we cannot deliver to a PO box address
We will do our best to deliver your order on time however delivery times are approximate and we accept no liability in respect of late deliveries. If your order is required urgently or by a certain date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do what we can to meet your deadline.
On receipt of your order please open all packages and thoroughly check the goods for damage as soon as possible. You must notify Sensory Direct of any damage within 3 days of the delivery. If we are not notified of damage within 3 days we are unable to claim from the carrier and we will be unable to refund or replace the damaged items. If the packaging appears damaged and you do not have time to check the goods you should sign the carriers paperwork and add the word "Damaged".
Non receipt of your order must be notified to Sensory Direct within 7 days of receipt of your order acknowledgement.
We want you to be completely happy with the goods you have purchased from Sensory Direct.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the goods you have purchased you may return them within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange. To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation.
Sensory Chews / Chewbuddy’s - cannot be refunded where the packaging has been opened.
Weighted Blankets – if a Weighted Blanket has been used a fee of £40 (+ VAT where appropriate) will be deducted from your refund. If you are unsure whether a Weighted Blanket will work for you, we recommend you first try one through our Weighted Blanket Hire Scheme.
Our Weighted Blankets and Lap Pads carry a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’. If your Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad develops a fault, please call our friendly Customer Services Team on 01905 670 500, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will happily arrange a repair or replacement.
Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after 30 days will be at the discretion of Sensory Direct (UK) Ltd.
Goods purchased by trade customers and distributors may not be returned unless the goods are faulty or sent in error.
Please ensure you complete a RETURNS FORM when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email email@example.com if you need a replacement. Without a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Unless the goods are faulty or sent in error you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. We recommend you use recorded delivery and obtain insurance, as proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Where goods are not faulty or sent in error only the cost of the goods excluding postage & packing will be refunded.
Shortages & Non receipt
Shortages and breakages must be reported to Sensory Direct within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to Sensory Direct within 7 days of notification of despatch.
Please see full T&Cs here.
When my son was born with autism, my world changed & Sensory Direct was born
Ethan had been prescribed different forms of medication, and although they helped a little, I didn’t want to become reliant upon them, so Ethan’s Paediatric Consultant suggested a Weighted Blanket. I remember hearing this and thinking ‘what on earth is a Weighted Blanket’? At this stage I was blissfully unaware of how life changing that Weighted Blanket would become.
British Born Solutions
Sensory Direct’s principle drive and values are based on wanting to help and support others find their solution.
We strongly believe in our products and ensure that the same love and care that went into making my son’s first Weighted Blanket goes into every handmade product we produce here in Worcester. We pride ourselves on our Customer Service and we will do our utmost to find you a solution that works.