Not sure if a weighted blanket will work for you? Hire one and find out!
Please note that the price includes a fully refundable deposit of £70 and if you end up buying a blanket the total cost will be refunded
Here at Sensory Direct, we think weighted blankets are a fantastic solution for sensory seekers, and are passionate about helping as many people as possible to try one. Enter our fuss-free Weighted Blanket Hire Scheme, which allows you to try one of our top-quality blankets for just £29.95.
Here's how it works :
STEP 1: Choose your weighted blanket
Choose from either our:
Adjustable Weighted Blanket which is best for night time sensory comfort. This blanket is made up of weights enclosed in pockets and comes in a cover so it looks like an ordinary duvet. Available in Standard (150cm x 120cm) and Large (200cm x 135cm).
Classic Weighted Blanket which measures 140cm x 110cm and is made up of small cells which contain the weight. This makes it perfect for wrapping around the body or over the shoulder as well as on the bed at night. We use our wipe clean material for our hire blankets.
STEP 2: Select the correct weight
Use the weight guide above to pick the correct weight for your blanket. The guide is based on 10% of the user’s body weight, but this should be used as a guideline only. If in doubt, call us or use our online chat service. Read more about our weight guidelines here .
STEP 3: Place your order
You can place your order online in the normal way. To secure the blanket, you will need to pay an initial deposit of £99.95 plus shipping.
A note about VAT: if the blanket is being hired by an individual for someone with a specific need for the product, it will be eligible for VAT exemption. To claim VAT exemption, simply follow the steps at Checkout. Read more about VAT exemption here.
Thank you for ordering! We’ll email you a copy of our Weighted Blanket Hire Agreement for your records. Your blanket will then be delivered to you by our courier within 3-5 working days.
STEP 4: Enjoy!
Your hire period will begin on the day you receive the blanket, and will last for 14 days. Until then, the blanket is yours to use and enjoy! We will send you a friendly reminder 3-4 business days before the end of your trial period to remind you that it’s coming to an end.
STEP 5: The end of your hire period
At the end of the 14 days, you have two options.
1. You decide a weighted blanket is not for you. We’re sorry the blanket wasn’t suitable – please return it to us within 7 days of the end of your hire period. Please note: you are responsible for the cost of returning the blanket. If you need help with this, please contact us. We’ll email you to confirm when we receive the blanket, and refund you £70.00 from your deposit, making the hire cost of the blanket just £29.95.
2. You decide that you would like to purchase a weighted blanket – hooray! We’re so glad it worked for you. Simply call us and we will take payment in full and shipping details for your new blanket, which should reach you within 5-7 business days. Once we receive your hire blanket in good condition, we will refund you your £99.95 deposit in full, making the hire period absolutely free! In addition, we will send you a pre-paid returns label for your hire blanket, so you won’t be without one until your new blanket arrives.
Here’s the legal bit – please read: We send out our hire blankets in good faith because we want to help as many people as possible to try one. Therefore, if we do not receive either your hire blanket or payment for a new blanket within the agreed period, we reserve the right to take full payment of the current selling price of the blanket from your credit/debit card. If you have difficulty returning the blanket, or any other problems, please let us know. Your cooperation and support will allow us to continue the hire scheme and our services.
Any questions? Please contact-us or use our online chat service. Want to know more about weighted therapy? Read our FAQs or download our FREE Weighted Therapy E-Book here .
We aim to despatch your goods within 2 working days of receiving your order, provided we have the goods in stock. You can check the status of your order at anytime by logging into to your customer account (you will need to create this first). Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are made by courier and a signature is required on delivery.
Delivery dates are approximate and no liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of late deliveries. If your order is required urgently or by a fixed date then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do what we can to meet your deadline.
Returns - Weighted Blankets
You can try a weighted blanket for 60 days.....if it's not working you can send it back to us. Please email email@example.com prior to returning your blanket - we will email you back with instructions and a returns number. Without a returns number your refund will be delayed.
Please note that from 1st November a standard charge of £40.00 (+VAT where appropriate) will be deducted from all refunds to cover the cost of cleaning and processing. Blankets returned unopened will be refunded in full.
Returns - Other Products
If you are not 100% satisfied with the goods you have purchased you may return within 14 days of receipt for a refund or exchange. To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation. Chewys and other Oral Motor items cannot be refunded where the packaging has been opened.
Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after 14 days will be at the total discretion of Sensory Direct (UK) Ltd.
Goods purchased by trade customers and distributors may not be returned unless the goods are faulty or sent in error.
Please complete a RETURNS FORM when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement. WIthout a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Unless the goods are faulty or sent in error you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. We recommend you use recorded delivery and obtain insurance, as proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Where goods are not faulty or sent in error only the cost of the goods excluding postage & packing will be refunded.
Please see full T&Cs here
This product is eligible for VAT relief and is available zero rated and therefore free from VAT (Value Added Tax) at the current rate of 20%.
Who can claim for VAT relief?
If you have a disability or a chronic medical condition you can claim VAT relief and you are purchasing the goods for personal or domestic use. If you are a parent or carer you can claim VAT relief on behalf of a child or person you look after.
When you checkout you will be asked whether you are eligible for VAT relief. If you qualify tick the "Yes" option and complete the declaration form. VAT will automatically be deducted from the relevant items in your basket.
If you are a parent or carer and you are purchasing on behalf of your child or someone you look after you will not need to pay VAT on this item. A statement of special educational needs or a diagnosis of a condition is not necessary.
Charities qualify for VAT exemption where these conditions are met, however schools and homes may not qualify as the goods are not for domestic use, however they may be able to reclaim the VAT from Customs & Excise. If your organisation qualifies please complete the VAT exemption declaration form and send this with your order.
If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive zero rated goods you should contact the HM Revenue & Customs National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000 or call our Helpline on 0800 0837 212 before signing a declaration.
Weighted Blanket Hire Terms & Conditions
By placing an order for a weighted blanket rental you agree to the terms & conditions set out below :
- On receipt of your order Sensory Direct will provide you with a weighted blanket in the weight of your choosing. The rental period starts from the date you receive the weighted blanket and will last for 14 days.
- During the trial period you agree to use the blanket in the cover where provided (adjustable blankets only)
- After 14 days you (the customer) are responsible for contacting Sensory Direct to order a weighted blanket or returning the blanket to us. Blankets not returned within 14 days will be charged at the full list price.
- If you decide not to keep the weighted blanket it should be returned to : SENSORY DIRECT, UNIT 12B SHRUB HILL IND EST, WORCESTER, WR4 9EL. You are responsible for returning the blanket. We recommend you use a tracked service.
- If you decide to purchase a weighted blanket please contact us to order your new weighted blanket. We will send you a prepaid returns label (Collect Plus) to return the hire blanket. On receipt of the hire blanket we will refund the cost of the rental.
- You agree to take care of the blanket and return it to us clean and in good condition. Where blankets are returned soiled or damaged we reserve the right to make an additional charge for cleaning or repairs.
- Please use the blanket carefully and follow the guidelines enclosed with your blanket. If in doubt consult with your healthcare professional.